Konstantin Suchkov graduated from the Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory (Prof. Pyotr Skusnichenko’s class) and then did probation assistantship in the Conservatory.
In 2013, he debuted in the Bolshoi Theatre in the baritone part in the Prepare for Opera performance. In 2015-2016, he was a singer of the Young Artists Opera Program of the Bolshoi Theatre.
In May-June 2016, he trained in Accademia del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino (Florence, Italy).
Since November 2016, he has been a guest soloist of the Bolshoi Theatre.
In April 2017, he became a guest soloist at the Perm Opera and Ballet Theatre. There he performed the part of Marcello in Puccini’s La bohème conducted by Teodor Currentzis. In September 2017, he received permanent status in the theatre.
Since 2019, he has been a soloist of the Novaya Opera.
He has worked with many prominent stage directors such as Igor Ushakov, Philipp Himmelmann, Timofey Kulyabin, David Alden, Yevgeny Aryeh, Constantinos Contocristos, Matthias Remus and such conductors as Gennady Rozhdestvensky, Teodor Currentzis, Igor Dronov, Tugan Sokhiev, Michał Klauza, Rossen Gergov, Artyom Abashev, Vladislav Lavrik, William Lacey, Anton Grishanin. Pyotr Belyakin, Valentin Uryupin and Anatoly Levin.
His repertoire comprises the parts of Onegin (Tchaikovsky’s Eugene Onegin),Puccini’s Marcello and Schaunard (Puccini’s La bohème),Giorgio Germont (Verdi’s La Traviata),Lebedev (Weinberg’s Idiot),Gianni Schicchi (Puccini’s Gianni Schicchi),Robert (Tchaikovsky’s Iolanta),Moralès (Bizet’s Carmen),Marc-Antoine (Massenet’s Cléopâtre),Leandro (Prokofiev’s The Love for Three Oranges),Lord Enrico Ashton (Donizetti’s Lucia di Lammermoor) and Guglielmo (Mozart’s Così fan tutte),Silvio (Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci). The singer’s repertoire also includes the baritone parts in Orff’s scenic cantata Carmina Burana and Rachmaninoff’s choral symphony The Bells.
Awards and Honours:
- prize-winner of the 26th Glinka International Vocal Competition (1st prize, Kazan, 2019)
- prize-winner of the 3rd All-Russia Music Competition (1st prize, Moscow, 2018)
- prize-winner of the 4th Minsk International Christmas Vocal Competition (3rd prize, Minsk, 2017)
- prize-winner of the 1st Georg Ots International Musical Festival Competition (1st prize, St. Petersburg, 2017)
- prize-winner of the 3rdPianovoce International Competition of Duets for Voice and Piano (1st prize, Moscow, 2016)
- prize-winner of the 2nd All-Russia Music Competition (3rd prize, St. Petersburg, 2014)
- prize-winner of the Galina Vishnevskaya International Competition for Opera Singers (2nd prize, Moscow, 2014)
- prize-winner of the 4th Shtokolov International Vocal Competition (1st prize, St. Petersburg, 2014)
Roles performed at the Novaya Opera:
Onegin in Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin
Baritone in Orff's Carmina Burana