She graduated from the Russian Academy of Theatre Arts (RATI-GITIS; Professor Pustovaya’s class, People’s Artist of Russia Alexander Titel’s and People’s Artist of Russia Igor Yasulovich’s workshop).
Since 2011, Irina has been a soloist of the Novaya Opera Theatre.
Since 2015, she has been a guest soloist of the Bolshoi Theatre of Russia, where she made her first appearance performing the part of Gerda (Banevich’s Story of Kay and Gerda).
In 2012, Irina Kostina sang the part of Fraskita in Bizet’s Carmen at the Irina Arkhipova Festival in Yauza Palace (Radio Orfey Symphony Orchestra, conductor Sergey Kondrashev). In 2013, she participated in the 32nd Rachmaninov International Music Festival in Tambov (Tambov Symphony Orchestra). In 2015, Irina Kostina and Alexey Tatarintsev gave a concert called Surfing Favorite Operas in the Ryazan Philharmonic together with the Governor’s Symphony Orchestra of Ryazan, conducted by Sergey Oselkov. In the same year the singer took part in Montecatini Terme – St-Petersburg Festival with Pedro Carillo (baritone) and Laura Pascualetti (piano) (Montecatini Terme, Italy).
In 2017, she debuted in the role of Lyudmila in Glinka’s Ruslan and Lyudmila, conducted by Evgeny Samoilov,at the 60th Glinka All-Russia Music Festival. Later that year she performed Violetta in Verdi’s La traviata, conducted by Jan Latham-Koenig, at the 63rd Festival Puccini in Torre del Lago (Italy) at the Gran Teatro Puccini.
In 2018, she participated in the 9thStars Parade in the Opera House International Festival dedicated to Dmitry Hvorostovsky (Krasnoyarsk). The singer appeared in the role of Snegurochka in Rimsky-Korsakov’s The Snow Maiden produced by the Hvorostovsky Krasnoyarsk Opera and Ballet Theatre (conductor Ivan Velikanov). In the same year she took part in the Amadeus project (based on Pushkin’s Mozart and Salieri, directed by Gennady Shaposhnikov and conducted by Dmitry Volosnikov) shown at Vasily Ladyuk’s 5thOpera Live International Festival, performing both the voice and dramatic parts together with the actors Evgeny Stychkin (Mozart) and Daniil Spivakovsky (Salieri).
In 2019, at the festival Russian Opera Stars on the Saratov Stage, she sang Violetta in Verdi’s La traviata produced by the Saratov Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre (conductor – Medet Turgumbaev). In the same year, she participated in the final Gala concert of world opera stars, Musical Pushkiniana, conducted by Fabio Mastrangelo, which was part of the 10thChersonese International Opera and Ballet Festival in Sebastopol (Crimea). She took part in the 7th International Festival of Russian and Italian Culture, Dark Eyes, in Montecatini Terme (conductor Murtuza Byulbyul). She also sang Ophelia in the Hamlet fantasia performance based on the Shakespeare tragedy (music by Thomas, Shostakovich and Berlioz, director Gennady Shaposhnikov, conductor Dmitry Volosnikov) which was shown at the 9th International Medieval Culture Festival, Rostovskoye Deistvo.
In 2020, she performed jointly with Japanese baritone Toshiki Takeuchi at the New Year concert of the Hamamatsu Philharmonic Orchestra (Japan) conducted by Vasily Valitov.
She works a lot with the Yurlov State Academic Chapel Choir (artistic director and chief conductor Gennady Dmitryak). Together with the choir she performed Handel’s oratorio Messiah, Mozart’s Requiem, Purcell’s ode Hail! Bright Cecilia, to name a few.
She often performs in the Grand Hall of the Moscow Conservatory, the Tchaikovsky Concert Hall, the Moscow International Performing Arts Centre and at other venues in Moscow.
- Prize-winner of the 8th Bibigul Tolegenova International Vocalists Contest (1st prize, Almaty, 2016)
- Prize-winner of the 2nd Muslim Magomaev International Singing Competition (3rd prize, Moscow, 2012) and the winner of the Orfey radio special prize.
- Prize-winner of the 24th Glinka International Vocal Competition (2nd prize, Moscow, 2011)
- Prize-winner of the Musica Classica International Competition (1st prize, Ruza, 2010)
- Prize-winner of the Golden Voices – 2009 International Young Performers Competition (Gran Prix, Kishinev, Republic of Moldova, 2009)
- Prize-winner of the Festos Festival of Students’ Arts in the Vocal Academy nomination (Moscow, 2008)
- Prize-winner of the Crystal Stork International Young Performers Festival (Gran Prix, Beltsy, Republic of Moldova, 2006)
- Prize-winner of the International Competition Twin Hearts in memory of Iona and Doina Aldya-Teodorovich (1st prize, Kishinev, Republic of Moldova, 2004)
- Prize-winner of the International Young Performers Competition Serebryanaya Yantra (Gran Prix, Veliko Tyrnovo, Bulgaria, 2004)
- Prize-winner of the International Competition Rose of the Winds (2nd prize, Moscow, 2003)
- Prize-winner of the Vladimir Ivasyuk International Competition of Young Performers (1st prize, Chernovtsy, Ukraine, 2003)
- Prize-winner of the Seahorse International Competition of the Young Performers (Gran Prix, Sudak, Ukraine, 2003)
- Prize-winner of the Little Prince International Competition of Young Performers (Gran Prix, Kishinev, Republic of Moldova, 2002)
- Prize-winner in the Classics nomination of the Magic Candle International Contest in Kiev (1st prize, Ukraine, 2001)
Roles performed at the Novaya Opera:
Juliette in Gounod's Romeo et Juliette
Marfa in Rimsky-Korsakov's The Tsar's Bride
Susanna in Mozart's Le nozze di Figaro
Adina in Donizetti's L'elisir d'amore
Gilda in Verdi's Rigoletto
Lucia in Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor
Violetta in Verdi's La Traviata
Lyudmila in Glinka's Ruslan and Lyudmila
Rosina in Rossini's Il barbiere di Siviglia
Snow Maiden in Rimsky-Korsakov's The Snow Maiden
Lauretta, Gherardina in Puccini's Gianni Schicchi
First Lady in Mozart's Die Zauberflöte
Belinda Brien, Belinda in Michael Nyman and Henry Purcell's DIDO
M. du Parc in Martynov's The School for Wives
Musetta in Puccini's La bohéme
First Priestess in Gluck’s Iphigénie en Tauride (in concert)
Giulietta in Bellini's I Capuleti e i Montecchi (in concert)
Antonida in Glinka's A Life for the Tsar (in concert)
Jenkin's Adiemus (concert)
Orff's Carmina Burana (cantata)
Ten Sopranos (gala concert)
Old Granny's Tales (interactive performance for children to the music from Mussorgsky’s The Nursery and Pictures at an Exhibition song cycles)
Bravissimo! (opera mix)
This is Opera! (dramatized performance)
Opera&Jazz (New Year's Eve Show)
Johann Strauss, the Waltz King (gala concert)
Waltzes, Tangos & Foxtrots (gala concert)