She graduated from the Music Teacher Training College in Bălți, Moldova. For 12 years she was a soloist of the Minstrels Variety Theatre of the Bălți Municipal Cultural Centre. She is a prize-winner of numerous national and international competitions of popular music.
In 2012, Irina Kostina sang the part of Fraskita in Bizet’s Carmen at the Irina Arkhipova Festival in Yauza Palace (Radio Orfey Symphony Orchestra, conductor Sergey Kondrashev). In 2013, she participated in the 32nd Rachmaninoff International Music Festival in Tambov (Tambov Symphony Orchestra). In 2015, Irina Kostina and Alexey Tatarintsev gave a concert called Surfing favorite operas in the Ryazan Philharmonic together with the Governor’s Symphony Orchestra of Ryazan, conducted by Sergey Oselkov. In the same year the singer took part in Montecatini Terme – St-Petersburg Festival with Pedro Carillo (baritone) and Laura Pascualetti (piano) (Montecatini Terme, Italy). She often performs in the Grand Hall of the Moscow Conservatory, the Tchaikovsky Concert Hall, the Moscow International Performing Arts Centre and on other venues in Moscow.
Since 2011, Irina has been a soloist of the Novaya Opera Theatre.
Since 2015, she has been a guest soloist of the Bolshoi Theatre of Russia, where she made her first appearance performing the part of Gerda (Banevich’s Story of Kay and Gerda).
She works with the Yurlov State Academic Chapel Choir (artistic director and chief conductor Gennady Dmitryak). Together with the choir she performed Handel’s oratorio Messiah, Mozart’s Requiem, Purcell’s ode Hail, bright Cecilia! to name a few.
In 2017, she debuted in the role of Lyudmilla in Glinka’s Ruslan and Lyudmilla in the 60th Glinka All-Russia Music Festival under the baton of Evgeny Samoilov. Later in the same year she performed Violetta in Verdi’s La Traviata at the 63rd Festival Puccini in Torre del Lago (Italy) at the Gran Teatro Puccini under the baton of Jan Latham-Koenig.
Awards and Honours:
- Prize-winner in the Classics nomination of the Magic Candle International Contest in Kiev (1st prixe, Ukraine, 2001)
- Prize-winner of the Little Prince International Competition of Young Performers (Gran Prix, Kishinev, Republic of Moldova, 2002)
- Prize-winner of the Seahorse International Competition of the Young Performers (Gran Prix, Sudak, Ukraine, 2003)
- Prize-winner of the Vladimir Ivasyuk International Competition of Young Performers (1st prize,Chernovtsy, Ukraine, 2003)
- Prize-winner of the International Competition Flower of the Winds (Second prize, Moscow, 2003)
- Prize-winner of the International Young Performers Competition Serebryanaya Yantra (Gran Prix, Veliko Tyrnovo, Bulgary, 2004)
- Prize-winner of Iona and Doina Aldya-Teodorovich Twin Hearts (1st prize, Kishinev, Republic of Moldova, 2004)
- Prize-winner of the Crystal Stork International Young Performers Festival (Gran Prix, Beltsy, Republic of Moldova, 2006)
- Prize-winner of the Festos Festival of Students’ Arts in the Vocal Academy nomination (Moscow, 2008)
- Prize-winner of the Golden Voices – 2009 International Young Performers Competition (Gran Prix, Kishinev, Republic of Moldova, 2009)
- Prize-winner of the Musica Classica International Competition (1st prize, Ruza, 2010)
- Prize-winner of the 24th Glinka International Vocal Competition (2nd prixe, Moscow, 2011)
- Prize-winner of the 2nd Muslim Magomaev International Singing Competition (3rd prize, Moscow, 2012) and a winner of the Orfey radio special prize.
- Prize-winner of the 8th International Vocalists Contest of Bibigul Tolegenova (1st prize, Almaty, 2016)
Roles performed at the Novaya Opera:
Juliette in Gounod's Romeo et Juliette
Marfa in Rimsky-Korsakov's The Tsar's Bride
Snow Maiden in Rimsky-Korsakov's The Snow Maiden
Susanna in Mozart's Le nozze di Figaro
Adina in Donizetti's L'elisir d'amore
Gilda in Verdi's Rigoletto
Lauretta, Gherardina in Puccini's Gianni Schicchi
Rosina in Rossini's Il barbiere di Siviglia
First Lady in Mozart's Die Zauberflöte
Antonida in Glinka's A Life for the Tsar
Belinda Brien, Belinda in Michael Nyman and Henry Purcell's DIDO
Lucia in Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor
M. du Parc in Martynov's The School for Wives
Soprano in Orff's Carmina Burana
Giulietta in Bellini's ICapuleti e i Montecchi (in concert)
Violetta in Verdi's La Traviata
Lyudmilla in Glinka's Ruslan and Lyudmila
Soprano in Jenkin's Adiemus concert
Parts in the productions: Ten Sopranos (gala concert ), Old Granny's Tales (interactive performance for children to the music from Mussorgsky’s The Nursery and Pictures at an Exhibition song cycles),Johann Strauss, the Waltz King (gala concert), Waltzes, Tangos & Foxtrots (gala concert), Bravissimo! (opera mix), This is Opera! (dramatized performance), Opera&Jazz (New Year's Eve Show)