He graduated from the Reinhold Glière Kiev Institute of Music (Nikolay Gorbatov and Tamara Koval’s class, 2012) and from the Tchaikovsky National Music Academy of Ukraine (Alexander Dyachenko’s class, 2013).
In 2013–2015, he was a member of the Young Artists’ Program of the Bolshoi Theatre. He performed Mozart in Rimsky-Korsakov’s Mozart and Salieri, Simpleton in Mussorgsky’s Boris Godunov, Kai in Banevich’s The Story of Kai and Gerda and Vladimir Igorevich in Borodin’s Prince Igor to name a few. In 2015, he debuted as Lensky in Dmitry Tchernyakov and Alexander Vedernikov’s production of Tchaikovsky’s Eugene Onegin.
In 2016–2018, he was a soloist at the Bolshoi Theatre. His repertoire then comprised the parts of Tsar Berendey (Rimsky-Korsakov’s The Snow Maiden),Ferrando (Mozart’s Così fan tutte),Prince Myshkin (Weiberg’s The Idiot) to name a few. Since September 2018, he has been a soloist of the Novaya Opera Theatre.
Bogdan Volkov also sang abroad. In 2014, he took part in the Bolshoi Theatre tours in Vienna, Hong Kong and New-York (Lykov, Rimsky-Korsakov’s The Tsar’s Bride).
In 2015, he sang at the gala concert to commemorate Mirella Freni’s 60 years onstage in Teatro Comunale Luciano Pavarotti di Modena (Italy). In 2017, he performed as Lensky at the Aix-en-Provence Festival (France) and the Savonlinna Opera Festival (Finland) and as Ferrando at the Glyndebourne Festival Opera (England). In 2018, he sang the part of Tybalt at the Metropolitan Opera (Gounod’s Roméo et Juliette, conductor – Plácido Domingo) and took part in a concert at Les Chorégies d'Orange opera festival (France).
Awards and Honours:
- Prize-winner of the Onegin National Opera Award in the category Guest for the part of Tom Rakewell in Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress (Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko Moscow Music Theatre, 2020)
- Prize-winner of the Casta Diva Russian Musical Award (2018)
- Prize-winner of the Elena Obraztsova Foundation Award of the Charity Fund for Musical Arts Support ("For the bright start in arts”, 2017)
- Prize-winner of the Onegin National Opera Award in the category Debut (2017)
- Prize-winner of the Operalia Placido Domingo International Opera Competition (2nd prize, Mexico, 2016)
- Winner of the Paris Opera Competition (1st Prize and People's Choice Award, Paris, 2015)
Roles performed at the Novaya Opera:
Ivan Lykov in Rimsky-Korsakov's The Tsar's Bride
Lensky in Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin
Tsar Berendey in Rimsky-Korsakov's The Snow Maiden